Hello from VT

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Always room for more Vermonters! I think there's only about a dozen of us on this forum.

Looking Coral Reef GIF by Monterey Bay Aquarium

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, new to this forum, and coming back to the hobby. I was in it for 16 years, and after a big crash, got out 9 years ago. Couldn't stay away. I started a 55 gallon, no sump, just starting to add fish now, and getting re-obsessed.
Reef will be a Indo-Pacific patch reef, with light to medium stock fish and 4-5 sp. of corals. HOB skimmer and 2 powerheads for setup so far.
3 banghaii cardinal fish in now, 1 file fish and 2 gobies (green clown and yellow citron) comeing this week. Later 2 yellow coris wrasse and a Kole tang.
I have a 200gallon from previous crash that I am considering restarting once i settle in - it is currently covered up but in good shape with `30 gallon sump
Welcome from another Vermonter.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, new to this forum, and coming back to the hobby. I was in it for 16 years, and after a big crash, got out 9 years ago. Couldn't stay away. I started a 55 gallon, no sump, just starting to add fish now, and getting re-obsessed.
Reef will be a Indo-Pacific patch reef, with light to medium stock fish and 4-5 sp. of corals. HOB skimmer and 2 powerheads for setup so far.
3 banghaii cardinal fish in now, 1 file fish and 2 gobies (green clown and yellow citron) comeing this week. Later 2 yellow coris wrasse and a Kole tang.
I have a 200gallon from previous crash that I am considering restarting once i settle in - it is currently covered up but in good shape with `30 gallon sump

Welcome and Welcome Back! Glad you joined. Sounds like you have BBA - Bounce Back Ability - useful in this hobby and wonderful life skill.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Vermont:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back