Hello From Wales!

Cossamaximus

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2024
Messages
4
Reaction score
22
Location
Hawarden, Flintshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all,

The names Tim and I currently reside in Hawarden, North Wales, United Kingdom.

I finally ventured into the marine sector of fish keeping with aRed Sea Max Nano G2 XL.

IMG_3070.jpeg


I am fully stocked to my desired fish, and tank is cycled and has zero ammonia, nitrite and 5 or below nitrate currently.

I have a nano mat, no skimmer, stock return pump, reefATO+ and ReefLED50, currently acclimating on a 14 day ramp up from 25%.

I have a continuous water change system setup to change approx 42% a month. Which around 12.ml a minute in, and out simultaneously.

I have,
2 clownfish
Six line wrasse
Midas Blenny
Sailfin Gobby & Pistol Shrimp
Fire shrimp
8 red legged hermit crabs
1 conch
4 Astrea Snails - wanting more
6 bumblebee Snails
2 narcissus Snails - wanting more

1 Kenya Tree
1 GSP
1 Hammer Coral

I know it’s early for corals, but friend was closing his tank and wanted me to take them.

I have had the system running about 8 weeks, and as stated it’s cycled, went through a second cycle around 6 weeks, have started only now showing signs of brown and green algae, best way to deal with these algae’s?

Thanks all in advance
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome, glad you are here! If it’s your first algae it’s probably diatoms and will go away on it’s own. If you want to speed it up it’s a great time to get your pod population started, they will eat it.
 
Welcome to R2R and the salty world Tim. Take things slowly. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
You can get the UK banner here: Click Account then “Join User Group”, scroll to the bottom and click on “United Kingdom User Group‘’
IMG_2232.jpeg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new