Hello from Washington State

FreshSaltH2o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shout Out on how bad Seattle Corals is, I ordered some coral from their website that was never shipped so I emailed, called and texted them and never got a single response. So I disputed the charge with my credit card and this store claims they shipped the items to my house but does not provide any tracking company name or number so the dispute with the credit card will be elevated as I request the proof from the store on delivery sine we all know corals are shipped by Fedex or UPS for prompt delivery. I have been in the reef world years and this is a first for me and I caution other reefers on Seattle Corals on any website orders, cash and carry only. Anyone can make a mistake but when you intentionally lie to keep money on a shipment you never sent that is theft so reefers be careful this store may steal from you as well. I will post the rest of the dispute process with reefers as it comes in from Costco Mastercard. Seattle Corals is welcome to post their response and proof of delivery for the reefing world.........
dang that is wack are they on R2R

knightnsd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang that is wack are they on R2R
Yeah Seattle Corals will see a fraud case now from the credit card company after the claim the items were delivered. Their website claims UPS overnight shipping so I have requested the tracking information after the dispute through Citibank accepted his statement it was shipped without requiring any proof. Well the website states that the items are shipped UPS overnight....Post it up Seattle Corals, we are all waiting to see who the liar is.

Shipping:

• Livestock Shipping is only available for orders over $99 before tax and shipping fee (minimum to be shipped)
  • NOTE: Pick up is available in Bellevue, WA for those willing to travel. In order to schedule a pick up order, please contact Seattle Corals directly by phone or email with your order information, as well as desired pick up day/time.
  • We ship UPS NEXT DAY AIR (livestock will arrive the next day AM to your door)
  • We do not require signature for delivery.
  • Washington State, Oregon qualify for $29.99 flat rate shipping.
  • Flat Rate $49.99 shipping on all other states
  • Orders Over $399 Applies for Free Shipping
  • At the moment we do not ship out of USA or to Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico.
  • Shipping fee for Auction items are the same as online and you can combine auction items with your online items, you should contact us and let us know.
  • Dry Good / Equipment are shipped UPS/USPS Ground Which Will take 2-5 Business days to Arrive .
  • Delivery Date Chosen for Dry Goods are not Valid Due to Longer shipping time

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am new to the R2R family and learned about this site from BRS. I am getting back into the hobby of aquariums and have started my tank up again from being gone for over 8 years. I have totally forgotten how much fun and frustrating this hobby is, however once you get through the difficult times it is very rewarding. When i first started the hobby i had originally done a fish only tank and added some live rock and then had some feather worms that hitch-hiked into my tank. I was very successful until i decided to go on a limb and I purchased a sea cucumber and oh boy was that a mistake at that time i did not have enough experience and wow did not know that that one invertebrate could kill off a whole tank. When that happened I was devastated and hung up the hobby. Now with my grandson living with me and he wanted fish i decided to start it back up again but this time i am going to put in the time to learn more about corals and do a reef tank this time so I know this will be a slow process and look forward to this forum. I will admit I have already made a few mistakes since returning like putting sugar sand in my tank and now I will have the chore to take some out and put in some special grade Caribsea so i do not have sand drifts from my power heads. Wish me luck everyone.
Welcome!

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
...Post it up Seattle Corals, we are all waiting to see who the liar is.

I don't remember seeing them post here.
They are not a sponsor.

knightnsd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hoping that others online are warned whether they are a sponsor or not, that they might rip off other fellow reefers through an online sale like they tried with me as I ordered a bower and some fighting conch snails and other livestock. I have never dealt with a merchant like this in the reefing industry and hope to warn others.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I am hoping that others online are warned whether they are a sponsor or not, that they might rip off other fellow reefers through an online sale like they tried with me as I ordered a bower and some fighting conch snails and other livestock. I have never dealt with a merchant like this in the reefing industry and hope to warn others.
They do have Facebook page.

knightnsd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do have Facebook page.
I have not been on there in years but might look up my old facebook page and try to blow them up but am guessing my post would be removed pretty quickly but Ill be happy to post the info from above. It is odd they lied about the shipping and have not given me or the credit card company the shipping information so it is just a matter of time till I get the $364 credit that was reversed back on my card after they claimed delivery without any proof. It seems easier to ship what was sold versus lie and cheat for a temporary credit that is just going to get removed again from his account at some point. I have pinged his phone and told them the fraud department claim was filed and the shipping information will be required after their claim of delivery but the owner just hides but Ill try and blow facebook up as well and share the post. Ill post the facebook information up after I get the credit cards dispute summary where they claims delivery. It seems foolish as we all know livestock is overnighted as posted on their website so the UPS tracking will pretty much sink their claim. Thanks

knightnsd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I promised an update on Seattle Corals after my credit card dispute case from Citicards was closed that delivery was confirmed. I have been waiting to see the proof Seattle Corals submitted which is attached. The case is back open, possibly headed to their fraud department now after my complaint that Seattle Corals forged the delivery confirmation Citicard accepted. I told Citicard forging delivery confirmation is fraud so they have closed my old card down as well and I mentioned that I was also looking to file a claim for theft under my card protection if Citibank claims it was delivered since I have 90 days theft protection on purchases. The dispute department has opened a new claim when I pointed out the obvious, where is the tracking number so I can call UPS as well for my lost corals. Seattle Corals submitted a confirmation without any UPS tracking number and used a potential tracking shipment but never actually shipped it and received a confirmation number. These guys are clowns, so locals beware of this shop as this is a small hobby where we know one another, and crap gets posted online quick with bad sellers . Picture attached so I guess we know who was telling the truth and Citicards pretty much gets a zero as well for their service. I know it is a long shot but I filed a police report as well since if we walked out of the store with $364.00 in livestock we might get a police visit, so perhaps the shop owner might get a citation for fraud, mail fraud, or some form of theft.

Attachments

• missing UPS tracking.pdf
    121.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ok so I promised an update on Seattle Corals after my credit card dispute case from Citicards was closed that delivery was confirmed. I have been waiting to see the proof Seattle Corals submitted which is attached. The case is back open, possibly headed to their fraud department now after my complaint that Seattle Corals forged the delivery confirmation Citicard accepted. I told Citicard forging delivery confirmation is fraud so they have closed my old card down as well and I mentioned that I was also looking to file a claim for theft under my card protection if Citibank claims it was delivered since I have 90 days theft protection on purchases. The dispute department has opened a new claim when I pointed out the obvious, where is the tracking number so I can call UPS as well for my lost corals. Seattle Corals submitted a confirmation without any UPS tracking number and used a potential tracking shipment but never actually shipped it and received a confirmation number. These guys are clowns, so locals beware of this shop as this is a small hobby where we know one another, and crap gets posted online quick with bad sellers . Picture attached so I guess we know who was telling the truth and Citicards pretty much gets a zero as well for their service.
I sent them a message ( on Facebook) telling them that there was a issue and maybe if they were to get on here and deal with it they could get it resolved. But they never replied back to my message.

knightnsd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent them a message ( on Facebook) telling them that there was a issue and maybe if they were to get on here and deal with it they could get it resolved. But they never replied back to my message.
Thanks for trying and calling them out so others are warned that they are not a reputable company. The credit card company is fairly useless but has to reopen the dispute and I am sure it will be in my favor at some point

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for trying and calling them out so others are warned that they are not a reputable company. The credit card company is fairly useless but has to reopen the dispute and I am sure it will be in my favor at some point
This seems strange that they would do this. They are a fairly large store and has a decent presence in the Seattle area.
I'm also surprised they didn't respond back to me at all.

knightnsd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This seems strange that they would do this. They are a fairly large store and has a decent presence in the Seattle area.
I'm also surprised they didn't respond back to me at all.
You know like I said earlier on this post, people make mistakes but when you literally try to forge confirmation of delivery, it is no longer a mistake but intentional theft. I did file police report based on that thought but coming from California where you can walk out of the store and paying is an option in many stores, I doubt much is done with my report in Seattle either.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You know like I said earlier on this post, people make mistakes but when you literally try to forge confirmation of delivery, it is no longer a mistake but intentional theft. I did file police report based on that thought but coming from California where you can walk out of the store and paying is an option in many stores, I doubt much is done with my report in Seattle either.
I get where you are coming from. I would be angry too.
People do make mistakes. It's all in how you handle those mistakes.

Whether the Seattle police have time to investigate this or not I can't say. The stores location is actually in Bellevue WA.

knightnsd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after Citicard originally confirmed the items were shipped and received, they have reversed their decision. I questioned their investigation and decision and requested the actual tracking information versus a printout from a shipping site that was missing the carrier information and tracking information. I finally got my credit and Seattle Corals is out $364.00 that they attempted to lie about shipping. Any Coral company that missed the original shipping date would have reached out and responded to the buyer with a new date and tracking information. Seattle corals never did that and then tried to print up a shipping form as proof that Citicard originally accepted as proof without question. If anyone deals with this issue with any vendor demand the tracking number from the CREDIT CARD company if the seller will not respond or provide it. That seems pretty basic but Citicard accepted a blank shipping form versus any actual tracking number with origin and departure scan dates that all of us are familiar with. I am in disbelief that their investigator is this incompetent as everyone has had items shipped that show the pre-label, original scan, departure scan, etc till the item is delivered or lost. I had to argue for hours with Citicard about how poorly they reviewed the issue and wanted to reopen a dispute challenging just the $50.00 shipping charge after their decision I was responsible for the items that they claimed had been shipped. This included a certified package to their corporate office. Once Citicard could not provide the shipping information I told them I would call back the following week and ask for the credit on the items that were not in the box.

Attachments

• final deicison on seattle coral.pdf
    41.7 KB · Views: 13
  • fake shipping label.pdf
    127.4 KB · Views: 14

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Krhagerman Welcome to the reef. I discovered this forum as it seemed to always come up when I googled a question. Finally joined, then chose to become a supporting member and later a partner member to keep the forum available for others to come. My wife @Ocean_Queenie and I started culturing copepods and phytoplankton eventually selling some on here as a hobbyist. Eventually we decided to try to make a career out of it so we are now sponsors as well. I love the Reef2 Reef community here and the wealth of knowledge. Thanks for joining us.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back