Welcome to the Reef
Photo_1663712087980.jpg

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R - and welcome back! It it still fun, rewarding and frustrating ;) Ask away- plenty bright minds here to help with almost everything..

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am new to the R2R family and learned about this site from BRS. I am getting back into the hobby of aquariums and have started my tank up again from being gone for over 8 years. I have totally forgotten how much fun and frustrating this hobby is, however once you get through the difficult times it is very rewarding. When i first started the hobby i had originally done a fish only tank and added some live rock and then had some feather worms that hitch-hiked into my tank. I was very successful until i decided to go on a limb and I purchased a sea cucumber and oh boy was that a mistake at that time i did not have enough experience and wow did not know that that one invertebrate could kill off a whole tank. When that happened I was devastated and hung up the hobby. Now with my grandson living with me and he wanted fish i decided to start it back up again but this time i am going to put in the time to learn more about corals and do a reef tank this time so I know this will be a slow process and look forward to this forum. I will admit I have already made a few mistakes since returning like putting sugar sand in my tank and now I will have the chore to take some out and put in some special grade Caribsea so i do not have sand drifts from my power heads. Wish me luck everyone.
Welcome to R2R! Good luck!

knightnsd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shout Out on how bad Seattle Corals is, I ordered some coral from their website that was never shipped so I emailed, called and texted them and never got a single response. So I disputed the charge with my credit card and this store claims they shipped the items to my house but does not provide any tracking company name or number so the dispute with the credit card will be elevated as I request the proof from the store on delivery sine we all know corals are shipped by Fedex or UPS for prompt delivery. I have been in the reef world years and this is a first for me and I caution other reefers on Seattle Corals on any website orders, cash and carry only. Anyone can make a mistake but when you intentionally lie to keep money on a shipment you never sent that is theft so reefers be careful this store may steal from you as well. I will post the rest of the dispute process with reefers as it comes in from Costco Mastercard. Seattle Corals is welcome to post their response and proof of delivery for the reefing world.........

Attachments

• Seattle Corals.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 22

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back