Hello hello!

saltcats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been avidly reading for a while and finally made the leap to register! I'm hoping to set up my first saltwater tank very very soon!

I've kept freshwater for about 11 years, but this'll be my first foray into the salty side of the hobby. I blame the corals, personally...

That said, if you were going for a nano AIO, would you pick the IM 14 peninsula or the fluval evo 13.5? If I get an AIO I don't want to have to upgrade the stock pumps (I plan to have soft corals and maybe some LPS if things go okay).

Thanks in advance and I'm excited to be here!

scdigby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome.jpg

Hello and welcome!

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dark side.jpg

Welcome to the salty side of life! The fluval evo 13.5 is a very popular tank, and lots of folks love them. You can't beat the look of a peninsula though. Your first reef is a big decision. Just take your time and research both. Good luck, and gald to have you with us.

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been avidly reading for a while and finally made the leap to register! I'm hoping to set up my first saltwater tank very very soon!

I've kept freshwater for about 11 years, but this'll be my first foray into the salty side of the hobby. I blame the corals, personally...

That said, if you were going for a nano AIO, would you pick the IM 14 peninsula or the fluval evo 13.5? If I get an AIO I don't want to have to upgrade the stock pumps (I plan to have soft corals and maybe some LPS if things go okay).

Welcome!
A wealth of guidance and information to be had here. Enjoy the ride

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would go for the IM 14 peninsula, I had the 20 and you can buy it through IM and they have an upgraded pkg. which comes with a maxi jet pump(not stock) a media basket a algae magnet and a mesh top. They’re very nice tanks.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 94 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back