Hello new to aquariums

svleo777

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2024
Messages
26
Reaction score
45
Location
Spring
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I’m new to the aquarium hobby and chose to go saltwater from the start. This forums seems to pop up all the time when I google my questions and figured I would join. I have a couple of questions. Glass lid or screen for my aqueon 40g breeder tank? And for my lighting I think ima go with nicrew. Should I get two 50w or two 100w
 
welcome33.gif
 
Hello everyone I’m new to the aquarium hobby and chose to go saltwater from the start. This forums seems to pop up all the time when I google my questions and figured I would join. I have a couple of questions. Glass lid or screen for my aqueon 40g breeder tank? And for my lighting I think ima go with nicrew. Should I get two 50w or two 100w
I use glass but requires periodic cleaning and filters light slightly.
Screens allow more light in, but also allows occasional splashing and grids need periodic cleaning
 
Hello everyone I’m new to the aquarium hobby and chose to go saltwater from the start. This forums seems to pop up all the time when I google my questions and figured I would join. I have a couple of questions. Glass lid or screen for my aqueon 40g breeder tank? And for my lighting I think ima go with nicrew. Should I get two 50w or two 100w
Hello and Welcome to R2R! You will find this to be a great site. I did a DIY mesh lid with aluminum hinges. There is no hard fast set way for a lid really. I went with the mesh for gas exchange, but as Vetteguy said, you do have to clean the salt off of the mesh sometimes.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Welcome.gif
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef! I have a DIY mesh screen on my tank, it's been great for me so far. But yes, you do have to clean it up occasionally.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new