Hello, new to saltwater here..

Florida Dan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - I'm just beginning the process of saltwater reef aquarium ownership. I've had numerous freshwater tanks over the years, but never saltwater.

I'm learning a bunch so far using YouTube and forums like this. I was very impressed with the attitude towards new people on this site so I joined. I'm sure I'll have more than my share of newbie questions!

I bought a Biocube 32 LED and will be adding the InTank media basket and refugium soon. After that I'll just wait until I learn more to see what else to upgrade. In the long run I want to establish a larger tank but wanted to get my hands wet on this one first.

Looking forward to sharing success/failure stories with you all!

Dan

JoshO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you're going about it all the right way! I'm new from freshwater and spent literally years doing my research before getting my hands salty!
PicsArt_04-06-12.01.10.jpg

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - I'm just beginning the process of saltwater reef aquarium ownership. I've had numerous freshwater tanks over the years, but never saltwater.

I'm learning a bunch so far using YouTube and forums like this. I was very impressed with the attitude towards new people on this site so I joined. I'm sure I'll have more than my share of newbie questions!

I bought a Biocube 32 LED and will be adding the InTank media basket and refugium soon. After that I'll just wait until I learn more to see what else to upgrade. In the long run I want to establish a larger tank but wanted to get my hands wet on this one first.

Looking forward to sharing success/failure stories with you all!

Dan

Welcome. This is the most helpful community I have found. And unlike other places, most people here will not belittle you for any questions ask large or small.

OP
OP
Florida Dan

Florida Dan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the welcomes. First question: Is there any reason to do water changes if it's just a tank with live sand/live rocks? Due to Covid-19 stay-at-home, I am having patience forced upon me and cannot visit any LFS. I'm doing water testing and will adjust anything necessary before adding livestock.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 149 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back