Hello, new to the game from miami

martinelias1983

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title implies, I'm new, so hello!
Just ordered my first tank and got a waterbox peninsula 7226 plus and also got an aquamaxx cones q3 skimmer and an ecotech marine vectra l1 DC pump... so far that's about all I have ordered, looking to order an ato and 2 gyre 350s and I guess that would be it for now while I get started. Oh yeah gonna get a brs rodi system. A 7 stage 200gpd, also some dry rock, some sand and then some salt obviously.
Anyway, just wanted to say hi and if anyone has any suggestions I'd happily receive them, looking forward to meeting some of yous guys.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

image000000_44.gif

#welcometor2r

OP
OP
M

martinelias1983

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys I appreciate it.
Forget to mention I was about to pull the trigger on 2 eheim 300w heaters but the folks over at marinedepot (where I ordered the tank and 2 pieces of equipment) told me the heaters would not fit in the sump (which is where I wanted it), so i didnt order.
Any suggestions on a heater layout to heat this thing?
I'm in miami and the heaters would only be fighting against my indoor ac, which would most likely be around 75f during the day and just 2 or 3 degrees less at night. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
M

martinelias1983

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I suggest you start a build thread. Keep up with updates and someone will help with any problems you have
Thanks, I plan on it, but since I'm moving mid April I opted to wait to set everything up until then, for now just ordering different things I might need to get started.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back