1FB6A7F1-FF0D-4BB3-BD9C-92BE1346E27B.jpeg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello y'all,

I'm new to the hobby and looking to learn as much as possible so that I'm one day able to setup my dream peninsula reef tank. Currently own a deskmate 4.8 that's been running since December of '22. Looking forward to chit chatting with y'all.
20230122_101300.jpg
20230122_114355.jpg 20230122_114405.jpg 20230122_114413.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined. That is a great tank!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Orange County:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone! Already feeling welcomed.

Don't know if this is the place to ask and I might be jumping ahead but eventually I would like to add a couple pieces of some nice acros to this tank. Is that feasible given that I'm relying on 2 gallon water changes a week to try and keep everything stable? The tank is currently home to a mocha storm, exosphere zoa, acid trip zoas, white zombie zoas and a bezerker shroom. Tank has been holding steady at 78°F since startup with about a 1 degree dip in temp at night. Also, how much can I push that Nero 3 given such a small volume? It's currently set at 2% on pulse mode 500ms on and 250ms off. Thank you.

I added an ATO on mine to keep salinity stable (and counter the evaporation).

Patience is the magic in this hobby.

One thing I've learned, there is always a way! Good luck to you.

OP
OP
RudeDawg

RudeDawg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. That is a great tank!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Orange County:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Thank you for the references. I'm looking into starting a build thread but don't have any pictures of when I started the setup.

OP
OP
RudeDawg

RudeDawg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added an ATO on mine to keep salinity stable (and counter the evaporation).

Patience is the magic in this hobby.

One thing I've learned, there is always a way! Good luck to you.
Thank you.
I added a reef breeders ato on mine. Works great!

Back