Welcome to R2R!!
This is a Great place for info and Help

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I started with a biocube because I wanted to make sure I could keep salty things alive before I made a more massive investment. Biocubes are great all in ones. I added a skimmer and a uv sanitizer in addition to what comes in the kit. The lights on the biocube will also support a lot of beginner corals pretty decently - I'm running stock everything and my tank seems super happy. So if you decide you'd like to introduce one or two corals later on, you won't have to change much.

This is my tank. Everything is just waking up, so forgive the corals for not being overly welcoming.
IMG_4154 copy.jpg

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Dany,
Take a little time to look at the tank build threads on here and figure out what you want before you buy a tank. If you decide you really like fish or corals that get large then you will want to start with a tank that isn't too small. The smaller tanks are great for small fish and a few invertebrates. If you decide you want a dolphin show you might want to get a larger tank. :)

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

+1...welcome aboard and plenty of help here to help you with the dark side (salt) of the hobby. :)

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I started with a biocube because I wanted to make sure I could keep salty things alive before I made a more massive investment. Biocubes are great all in ones. I added a skimmer and a uv sanitizer in addition to what comes in the kit. The lights on the biocube will also support a lot of beginner corals pretty decently - I'm running stock everything and my tank seems super happy. So if you decide you'd like to introduce one or two corals later on, you won't have to change much.

This is my tank. Everything is just waking up, so forgive the corals for not being overly welcoming.
IMG_4154 copy.jpg

Beautiful!

OP
OP
Dany DaCosta

Dany DaCosta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_4154 copy.jpg
Beautiful tank thank you what kind of live stock do you have i see the 2 clown fish

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It does not matter if dry or seeded rock but biocubes are very supportive tanks for basic corals and is something you can try down the road. Seeded/live rock will help build a good ecosystem and cycle the tank quicker.

WELCOME TO A WORLD OF INFORMATION AT R2R

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank thank you what kind of live stock do you have i see the 2 clown fish

Thank you! Right now, just the two clownfish are in there. I've been adding pods in prep for a goby. I also want to add a coral beauty and 7 line wrasse.

I have tons of corals - mushrroom, zoas, monti's, acans, birdstnest, cat's paw, palys, frogspawn, torches, etc. I really love the corals.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back