Hello! Newbie here from MA

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I wanted to drop by, register, and say hello. I’ve been fascinated by, and have wanted my own reef tank for over a decade. I finally pulled the trigger on a 20 gal nano three months ago. I’ve been lurking here for quite some time, and wanted to thank everyone for contributing to such a useful and informative site. I’m happy to report that I’ve yet to have any massive failures, and my few corals and fish are doing great. All thanks primarily to this site and the brs videos.

Maybe once my tank gets a little more worthy, I’ll start a build thread. For now, here’s a few pics of my happy inhabitants. (Still trying to figure out how to get good pictures with leds as you can see - my apologies). ;)

Kongar

CEDE4DF7-5667-4042-B188-583AE1313813.jpeg
C1988828-D852-4EE6-B3D3-7C1CF39B0482.jpeg
795E0FE9-011C-42D6-AD69-465614DA054A.jpeg
5C1EC664-94A9-42BA-BB95-7C8AE43B7483.jpeg
Welcome to R2R!!! Yes @revhtree did an amazing thing in starting this site. Become in my humble opinion THE site for reefing information. SUPER jealous of that Elegance bud, very nice and vibrant. Great job!

OP
OP
Kongar

Kongar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome nice to see some from Massachusetts
Thanks - I have noticed that. Maybe a false perception. But it doesn't seem to be a popular hobby around here? I've known one person in my 46 years of living that had a saltwater fish only tank (no rock), and nobody with a reef.

Guess I'll have to make friends here instead ;)

OP
OP
Kongar

Kongar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Welcome to R2R!!

that tank looks worthy to me!!
HA! no... It's still firmly in noob land. The only excitement here is I jumped right into LPS because it's a small tank and I knew what I wanted. Bit risky, but so far so good. Everything else is noob city ;)

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HA! no... It's still firmly in noob land. The only excitement here is I jumped right into LPS because it's a small tank and I knew what I wanted. Bit risky, but so far so good. Everything else is noob city ;)

We all start somewhere. And you’re further along than I am! I’m a year into the hobby and all I have is fish. Still haven’t gotten any coral yet lol

Everything Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks - I have noticed that. Maybe a false perception. But it doesn't seem to be a popular hobby around here? I've known one person in my 46 years of living that had a saltwater fish only tank (no rock), and nobody with a reef.

Guess I'll have to make friends here instead ;)

you should join Boston Reefers Society

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to meet you.

You will meet more and more of us in your area as you get to talk to other members. You just never see us since we are always inside our houses hiding and working on the tanks. :D

1596760421355.gif

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back