Hello! Newbie Here!

vgliha

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 26, 2020
Messages
33
Reaction score
54
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been wanting a large tank for as long as I can remember. I've always loved saltwater tanks but settled for a small 20 gallon freshwater tank. After a few years of having no fish, I started bothering my husband about getting a BIG tank, 50+ gallons.

After perusing a local fish store, he fell in love with the Saltwater tank displays. He asked me why I never pressed him about those kinds and I told him that they have a stigma of being super complicated and difficult to keep fish in. After an hour of quizzing a sales associate about the ins and outs of saltwater tanks, we left knowing that a freshwater tank wasn't going to cut it.

Fast forward a week and I found a whole 72 gallon bowfront saltwater setup, minus a sump so it's not drilled. Came with some fish but the tank was in poor condition water/equipment wise. After a 24 hr soak with white vinegar and water, the skimmer pump and wave makers were cleaned. We cleaned the tank, put the live rock back in, put the correct saltwater w/ treated water mixture. Let everything settle, put in the fish and now 5 days later, corals that looked brown and dead are coming to life. The fish are happy, water parameters are currently stable and I'm in absolute LOVE. We have a bad case of Aiptasia that is flourishing thanks to the now healthy tank environment but we're trying our best to eradicate it as quickly as possible.

I'm super excited to be a Saltwater Tank owner!! ❤️❤️

IMG_20200425_105728881.jpg
 
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome to R2R!
 
Welcome! Glad to have you on the team.

This group of reefers is AWESOME. Friendly, ready to help. Looking forward to seeing more from you!
 
I've been wanting a large tank for as long as I can remember. I've always loved saltwater tanks but settled for a small 20 gallon freshwater tank. After a few years of having no fish, I started bothering my husband about getting a BIG tank, 50+ gallons.

After perusing a local fish store, he fell in love with the Saltwater tank displays. He asked me why I never pressed him about those kinds and I told him that they have a stigma of being super complicated and difficult to keep fish in. After an hour of quizzing a sales associate about the ins and outs of saltwater tanks, we left knowing that a freshwater tank wasn't going to cut it.

Fast forward a week and I found a whole 72 gallon bowfront saltwater setup, minus a sump so it's not drilled. Came with some fish but the tank was in poor condition water/equipment wise. After a 24 hr soak with white vinegar and water, the skimmer pump and wave makers were cleaned. We cleaned the tank, put the live rock back in, put the correct saltwater w/ treated water mixture. Let everything settle, put in the fish and now 5 days later, corals that looked brown and dead are coming to life. The fish are happy, water parameters are currently stable and I'm in absolute LOVE. We have a bad case of Aiptasia that is flourishing thanks to the now healthy tank environment but we're trying our best to eradicate it as quickly as possible.

I'm super excited to be a Saltwater Tank owner!! ❤❤

IMG_20200425_105728881.jpg
Welcome to R2R! Can't wait to see how your tank goes! Let's see some fancy fish!
 
I've been wanting a large tank for as long as I can remember. I've always loved saltwater tanks but settled for a small 20 gallon freshwater tank. After a few years of having no fish, I started bothering my husband about getting a BIG tank, 50+ gallons.

After perusing a local fish store, he fell in love with the Saltwater tank displays. He asked me why I never pressed him about those kinds and I told him that they have a stigma of being super complicated and difficult to keep fish in. After an hour of quizzing a sales associate about the ins and outs of saltwater tanks, we left knowing that a freshwater tank wasn't going to cut it.

Fast forward a week and I found a whole 72 gallon bowfront saltwater setup, minus a sump so it's not drilled. Came with some fish but the tank was in poor condition water/equipment wise. After a 24 hr soak with white vinegar and water, the skimmer pump and wave makers were cleaned. We cleaned the tank, put the live rock back in, put the correct saltwater w/ treated water mixture. Let everything settle, put in the fish and now 5 days later, corals that looked brown and dead are coming to life. The fish are happy, water parameters are currently stable and I'm in absolute LOVE. We have a bad case of Aiptasia that is flourishing thanks to the now healthy tank environment but we're trying our best to eradicate it as quickly as possible.

I'm super excited to be a Saltwater Tank owner!! ❤❤

IMG_20200425_105728881.jpg
Welcome to R2R.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new