OP
OP
rionroxxx

rionroxxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep good ole John at Twins. Crazy how I hadn't been in there for atleast 5-6 years and he still remembered my name when I walked in.
Yeah he's a great guy. His pricing is typically below online too. I'm noticing he's also carrying a lot more name branded hardware in his shop. Always love supporting small family owned businesses.

philshel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I used to come down to the Fresno area for CVR meetings with Johnny (from Merced). It's been forever but you guys have some really nice LFS down that way.
Welcome from another neighbor. I'm up in the Oakhurst area, been a CVR member since 2010. I wonder what happened to Johnny? I purchased a large frag pack from him that was the cornerstone of my old tank.

OP
OP
rionroxxx

rionroxxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from another neighbor. I'm up in the Oakhurst area, been a CVR member since 2010. I wonder what happened to Johnny? I purchased a large frag pack from him that was the cornerstone of my old tank.
Yeah I'm not sure. I was living down in Atwater for a few years and we were pretty tight. After I moved back up north kind of lost contact. His tank was so nice. I sure do miss the CVR swaps. I chat with Whodah and DML08 here and there still.

philshel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm not sure. I was living down in Atwater for a few years and we were pretty tight. After I moved back up north kind of lost contact. His tank was so nice. I sure do miss the CVR swaps. I chat with Whodah and DML08 here and there still.
Yes he did, he also did a good job on the board. I don't want to be the "boomer" in the room but when they moved over to Facebook alot of the older guys seemed to drift, I myself only check it every couple of weeks. And then with the human malware this year, nothing much has been going on. I miss the swaps as well and this time of year, I really miss the Xmas parties and Mrs. Whodah's ornaments.

OP
OP
rionroxxx

rionroxxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes he did, he also did a good job on the board. I don't want to be the "boomer" in the room but when they moved over to Facebook alot of the older guys seemed to drift, I myself only check it every couple of weeks. And then with the human malware this year, nothing much has been going on. I miss the swaps as well and this time of year, I really miss the Xmas parties and Mrs. Whodah's ornaments.
I hear ya. I don't do the whole FB thing at all. Just stay low key and cruise boards here and there. Definitely has been an odd year for everything.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back