Hello R2R, I'm Ned.

Nedwardo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everybody.

I have kept freshwater aquariums for many years but am planning on taking the plunge and moving to saltwater. Right now I'm in the learning / planning stage. Just trying to figure out exactly what I need and educate myself so it doesn't all blow up on me.

My current plan is to do a smaller system, 40-50 gallons. Something like a Nuvo 40 or the JBJ Nano Cube 45 is definitely on my radar but I also like the idea of just getting a rimless tank and plumb it down to my own diy sump.

I am looking to do a softy tank. I want corals for sure and it sounds like they are the most forgiving / beginner friendly type. I will also be keeping the stocking simple. Probably start with just a couple clown fish and some invertebrates until I'm confident I can keep things alive.

I got here because I've been addicted to the BRS tv episodes on YouTube, specifically the ULM series and their 60 gallon softy tank. I am really looking forward to more updates and seeing how that tank works out with the automatic water change (AWC) system / no mechanical filtration. One thing that scared me away from saltwater for a long time was the chore of mixing saltwater for water changes every week. May seem silly, but on my freshwater tank I have everything set up to do water changes without buckets. I hate hauling around buckets full of water. I love the AWC idea and hope to set up something similar.

Anyhow, I'll be here lurking around just trying to learn a thing or two from all you experienced reefers. Once I start my build you can bet I'll be posting more questions and hopefully some progress pictures.

See you around.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Ned and thanks for introducing yourself
001aaa.gif
#WelcometoR2R

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the Reef Ned! You have come to the right place for knowledge and information. I wish I had found R2R when I started my reef, but alas I got here as fast as I could :) There is a place to start a build thread on this forum, and we are all kinda crazy when it comes to them so we want Pics....and a LOT of them, from the ground up.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back