OP
Nedwardo

Nedwardo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

I have a JBJ 45 Flat Panel All In One that I just set up and it is pretty nice. Really happy with it so far.

Very cool. That tank looks very interesting. Are you running it with just the stock components or have you already added equipment like a skimmer. I've also heard that all in one type tanks can have heat issues since all the equipment heat goes right into the tank. Have you experienced anything like that or any other negatives?

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. That tank looks very interesting. Are you running it with just the stock components or have you already added equipment like a skimmer. I've also heard that all in one type tanks can have heat issues since all the equipment heat goes right into the tank. Have you experienced anything like that or any other negatives?

I just set it up, but have not had a problem maintaining temperature. Of course, the AC is cranking in the house and the heaters seem to be working.

You can see my equipment list here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/i-received-a-box-of-rocks-today.335926/

Filter compartments setup and some equipment notes here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/i-received-a-box-of-rocks-today.335926/page-11#post-4873690

OP
OP
Nedwardo

Nedwardo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Ned! Props to your well thought out planning. Just be aware, you may get rid of freshwater when you jump on board 100% lol. I love planted tanks but coral beats it any day!

Yeah the freshwater tank will be going bye bye. I have an unspoken agreement with my wife; I stick to one aquarium at a time, she doesn't divorce me and take the kids.

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Here's a pic from one of my favorite articles on reefkeeping, applicable to new hobbyists and old as well:

eb_reef.jpg

The nitrogen cycle is only the startup of a SW tank cycle. The next 6-12 months is a maturing phase, and it's typically in this time frame where algae outbreaks occur and things can sort of roller-coaster, and if you stock the tank up too quickly, you might see corals randomly dying & fish getting sick, etc...hobbyists can very easily fall into the trap of chasing problems = making more problems => giving up and selling everything off. We don't want that to happen to anyone!

Long-term stability and balance are the keys, and you just can't shortcut the process significantly. That's always the #1 thing to keep in mind!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 37 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back