Hello R2R

Tonyswad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all brand new here so new I haven't even got a sw tank yet however i keep tropical and have done for 3 years now . I feel I need to convert now sw tanks look amazing and I can't wait to start after christmas any pointers would be greatly received I must have quite a shopping list though as all I have is a 190L corner tank but here goes anyway :squigglemouth:

Cheers all
Tony

Dmmz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simplest answer would be research and lots of it. Having a good amount of knowledge will be invaluable when starting. Other than that I would start by seeing what size tank you want and the equipment needed for that size tank. Also look into the fish/corals you want as well, this way you know something about them and this can also effect the size tank you may want. For example if you're fine with smaller fish like clowns and a few wrasses a 40 breeder may be enough, but if you want large Angels or tangs you're going to need to look into a bigger tank. Hope this helps. Best of luck!

OP
OP
T

Tonyswad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies I have a 190L corner bow front tank thats my start.
I prefer lots of smaller fish than larger ones I love corals and inverts my research starts now which will be hard as nothing really sinks in here goes nothing I may become a bit of a pest on here as time goes by

luxauterna

A softy who loves softies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!! I love the look of schools or groups of small fish or inverts. Some really cool pairs out there like shrimp and gobies.

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Welcome to Reef2Reef!* I would suggest visiting your local aquarium stores and the member tanks threads area of this forum.This will give you a idea of the various types of equipment used,system styles and salt water inhabitants available.There is also some really good articles available here.Be sure to read up on animals before you purchase them.
DSCF8181_zps90423a7_edit_1417050065596_zpsrruomin_edit_1417632743252.jpg

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 23.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back