Hello R2R

Mitchell1835

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am relatively new to the saltwater scene. I have had freshwater my entire life but recently was given a nano dx (12 or 14 gallon) by my dad after he had enough with it. He does not have the best luck when it comes to tank so I gladly took it. He is currently watching my tank for the next month as I am out of town and have my fingers crossed that it looks the same when I get home as it did when I left it!!!
I started with the base rock that he gave me and went from there. I have a great lfs that has amazing prices, great water and lots of help. They have a great selection of frags which is all I use based on the size of the tank. As you can see I have made a few mistakes by going crazy with the GSP and my Xenia has exploded also growing up the glass as well. Live and learn but I like the overall look of the tank because it looks full of life and the coral continues to grow. Not sure if I ever want to upgrade but who knows. I added a picture of my tank, taken from a cellphone so nothing fancy but you get the picture.
That is my story and love the forum, have been following it on Facebook for a while now. Thanks.

Attachments

• Full Tank.jpg
    Full Tank.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 104

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. :)

OP
OP
Mitchell1835

Mitchell1835

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I am relieved to say my tank survived my 5 week vacation. My dad did an excellent job taking care of it. My Xenia is now growing up the glass and GSP are growing up the back wall.

Now I would like to tackle the algae issue. I was assuming it was hair algae but with my cleanup crew is two sea hares I will had quite a bit. Was at my lfs today and he mentioned it may not be hair. How can you treat byprosis algae ( not sure if I spelled it correct). Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 122

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 51 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back