Hello Reefers, Greeting From the ATL.

89582.gif
 
Hello and Welcome to the hobby and to R2R! I would suggest getting a RODI system. I change 20% of the water every two weeks. Others hardly change but they add the additives that are needed. I have two 40 gallon barrels in my garage that I keep the RODI water in one with the salt mix in the other. I pump the water from the garage into the tanks. I don't have to lift the heavy 5 gallon buckets anymore. So many things I don different as opposed to several years ago.
 
Hello and Welcome to the hobby and to R2R! I would suggest getting a RODI system. I change 20% of the water every two weeks. Others hardly change but they add the additives that are needed. I have two 40 gallon barrels in my garage that I keep the RODI water in one with the salt mix in the other. I pump the water from the garage into the tanks. I don't have to lift the heavy 5 gallon buckets anymore. So many things I don different as opposed to several years ago.
After reading more about RODI and the cost, I am getting the AquaFX RODI system. At about $210 dollars and doing water changes every two weeks, I think it will pay for itself.

$32 initial water + ($6*26 weeks) + ($15*3 for emergency situations) = $233 in estimated cost. Plus the benefit of not driving to the LFS store every time. I think I will go ahead and jump on the RODI bandwagon and get a tool that will be used over the course of several years.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new