Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, thanks for joining us.

C90C33BE-907F-41F1-AAC9-C46086BB8B25.gif
You know...I might be willing to give up my degree of for a gem tang -- if it was quarantined to begin with. This is something I have to ponder about for awhile.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You know...I might be willing to give up my degree of for a gem tang -- if it was quarantined to begin with. This is something I have to ponder about for awhile.

Why would you quarantine your degree? :confused:

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you quarantine your degree? :confused:
LOL! I'm a librarian...my life is being taken over by Google. The world information is being based on advertisements on Facebook. My degree is far from quarantine. However... I might be willing to retire over a gem tang. Oh to heck with that... I just want people to do actual, legitimate research on any topic, whether it involve a librarian (suggestion) or the internet. Just look for non-biased information.

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The addiction has started and glad you joined us !!

welcome41.gif

o00brandon00o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name's Chris, new to the hobby. I'm 27, almost 28, and this summer will be 10 years since my last tank. I had a simple 10 gallon freshwater setup from petco that I had saved up for by mowing lawns from around the age of 13 before I could even legally work.

My interest in getting a tank started when a relative gifted me a Betta fish like no Betta I had ever seen before, and it didn't take long before I wanted to upgrade his home from a bowl to a tank. He remained my centerpiece fish, with his white/pinkish body and maroon to purple gradient fins. The ends of his fins were serrated too, which I hadn't seen before. With him I added a supporting cast of some cory cats, zebra danios, and neon tetras.

I broke the tank down after my Betta died, which was towards the tail end of senior year of high school. I knew by then I was going away to college, so I figured I would break it down rather than burden my parents with taking care of it.

Since then, I've kept all the old tank equipment, but I've always wanted to convert it to saltwater. 10 years of wanting a saltwater tank finally lead to my obsessive amount of research starting around 9 months ago. Once I realized I was setting myself up for failure with a 10 gallon, and after receiving recommendations from my local Petco that a beginner should start with at least 20 gallons, I decided to triple that volume.

So I went all out and purchased a Waterbox Frag 60.3+ which arrived Friday, and also coincided with all the memorial day sales this weekend! The tank is here, the stand is built, the plumbing (mostly) done, the lights mounted, and I've started playing with the dry rock.

Everything else I need is now en-route, save for a few things I'm still trying to make up my mind on. Speaking of, I guess its time to start making question-asking posts.

Cheers!

@barticus Welcome to R2R!!!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back