Hello reefers!

bartikus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name's Chris, new to the hobby. I'm 27, almost 28, and this summer will be 10 years since my last tank. I had a simple 10 gallon freshwater setup from petco that I had saved up for by mowing lawns from around the age of 13 before I could even legally work.

My interest in getting a tank started when a relative gifted me a Betta fish like no Betta I had ever seen before, and it didn't take long before I wanted to upgrade his home from a bowl to a tank. He remained my centerpiece fish, with his white/pinkish body and maroon to purple gradient fins. The ends of his fins were serrated too, which I hadn't seen before. With him I added a supporting cast of some cory cats, zebra danios, and neon tetras.

I broke the tank down after my Betta died, which was towards the tail end of senior year of high school. I knew by then I was going away to college, so I figured I would break it down rather than burden my parents with taking care of it.

Since then, I've kept all the old tank equipment, but I've always wanted to convert it to saltwater. 10 years of wanting a saltwater tank finally lead to my obsessive amount of research starting around 9 months ago. Once I realized I was setting myself up for failure with a 10 gallon, and after receiving recommendations from my local Petco that a beginner should start with at least 20 gallons, I decided to triple that volume.

So I went all out and purchased a Waterbox Frag 60.3+ which arrived Friday, and also coincided with all the memorial day sales this weekend! The tank is here, the stand is built, the plumbing (mostly) done, the lights mounted, and I've started playing with the dry rock.

Everything else I need is now en-route, save for a few things I'm still trying to make up my mind on. Speaking of, I guess its time to start making question-asking posts.

Cheers!

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

8B0705F4-A51C-4A33-AC8C-128E254F73FA.gif

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess its time to start making question-asking posts.

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you're off to a good start. You're right, questions and more questions. And pictures and more pictures.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R Chris @bartikus.

So I went all out and purchased a Waterbox Frag 60.3+ which arrived Friday, and also coincided with all the memorial day sales this weekend! The tank is here, the stand is built, the plumbing (mostly) done, the lights mounted, and I've started playing with the dry rock.

Very exciting;Jawdrop;Woot;Woot

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back