Hello Reefers!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello Everyone!

I am a Crazy Seahorse Lady. I'm an avid diver new to the reef building community but super excited to be here. I can't wait to be able to share the beauty of the ocean I get to see 60 ft down with family and friends. My husband and I started our journey with a ton of research (read information overload!) about a year ago and we were finally ready to take the plunge building our own tank when we found a 'rescue tank' that needed some TCL and came with some pretty cool equipment perks. The down side was that we had to go tear it down and that meant taking the livestock with us. While I was over the top to find that the tank held two fantastic clams (I so want a clam & seahorse tank!!) along with other beauties unfortunately at that time we only had 2 10 gallon hospital tanks to take care of the new crew and as you all know that's just not sustainable. We ended up taking them to a local reef store so I know they are being well cared for but the experience has really ignited us so once we get some new flooring in we'll be starting our journey.

I'm excited to be a part of the community and look forward to learning from everyone! :)

Thank you,
Crazy Seahorse Lady

It's not the depth OF your dive but the depth IN your dive.
Welcome to the community!

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
f4e447b9-5e67-4b02-af0d-2f28e9db692c.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone!

I am a Crazy Seahorse Lady. I'm an avid diver new to the reef building community but super excited to be here. I can't wait to be able to share the beauty of the ocean I get to see 60 ft down with family and friends. My husband and I started our journey with a ton of research (read information overload!) about a year ago and we were finally ready to take the plunge building our own tank when we found a 'rescue tank' that needed some TCL and came with some pretty cool equipment perks. The down side was that we had to go tear it down and that meant taking the livestock with us. While I was over the top to find that the tank held two fantastic clams (I so want a clam & seahorse tank!!) along with other beauties unfortunately at that time we only had 2 10 gallon hospital tanks to take care of the new crew and as you all know that's just not sustainable. We ended up taking them to a local reef store so I know they are being well cared for but the experience has really ignited us so once we get some new flooring in we'll be starting our journey.

I'm excited to be a part of the community and look forward to learning from everyone! :)

Thank you,
Crazy Seahorse Lady

It's not the depth OF your dive but the depth IN your dive.

Welcome! I'm Lisa. Glad you joined. You are in the right place!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back