Hello Reefers! :)

FinaticReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers,

My name is Christina, I'm new to Reef2Reef. I've been in the hobby for a year now and love it. I started with a secondhand RedSea 250 and started several freshwater tanks. I quickly upgraded to the RedSea 525XL. That build took me a while and is still a work in progress! I named my new tank Finatic Reef and I'm building it with all aquacultured corals and captive-bred/rehomed fish.
My first career was in marine biology, I am currently a speech therapist. I also enjoy diving and underwater photography. I have some photos on my website www.cbseaphotography.com When diving, I prefer to only take photos. My goal with Finatic Reef is to show people that it's possible to build an incredible reef without taking from the ocean. Not only is it sustainable but offers greater success to the hobbyist as the organisms are already acclimated to life in an aquarium.
I also wanted to have an incredibly beautiful sump! :)

Some of my current tank mates include:
Colorado sunburst bubble tip anemones, clownfish (common and black snowflake), mandarin fish pair, anthias, 6-line wrasse, regal angelfish, yellow tang, zebra eel, many high end mushroom corals and zoas as well as some LPS and SPS corals

Feel free to share your reefing story with me.
Also, if you are building a reef with all aquacultured corals and captive-bred fish please share your story and some pics!

Happy reefing :)

Christina

tempImageK3t6wE.png tempImagek08ZoF.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for joining and what a well decked out reef.

appreciate your dedication to the sustainability part of our hobby..

I donate a comparable $ amount to Hol Chah reef preserve in Belize when I buy a wild caught fish, and only ever buy aquaculture corals, that is the easy part

aquaman-oldschool.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers,

My name is Christina, I'm new to Reef2Reef. I've been in the hobby for a year now and love it. I started with a secondhand RedSea 250 and started several freshwater tanks. I quickly upgraded to the RedSea 525XL. That build took me a while and is still a work in progress! I named my new tank Finatic Reef and I'm building it with all aquacultured corals and captive-bred/rehomed fish.
My first career was in marine biology, I am currently a speech therapist. I also enjoy diving and underwater photography. I have some photos on my website www.cbseaphotography.com When diving, I prefer to only take photos. My goal with Finatic Reef is to show people that it's possible to build an incredible reef without taking from the ocean. Not only is it sustainable but offers greater success to the hobbyist as the organisms are already acclimated to life in an aquarium.
I also wanted to have an incredibly beautiful sump! :)

Some of my current tank mates include:
Colorado sunburst bubble tip anemones, clownfish (common and black snowflake), mandarin fish pair, anthias, 6-line wrasse, regal angelfish, yellow tang, zebra eel, many high end mushroom corals and zoas as well as some LPS and SPS corals

Feel free to share your reefing story with me.
Also, if you are building a reef with all aquacultured corals and captive-bred fish please share your story and some pics!

Happy reefing :)

Christina

tempImageK3t6wE.png tempImagek08ZoF.png

Hi Christina. I'm Lisa. Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? HOLY COW - everyone is going to want to watch your thread! I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). You can start with everything above, just copy and paste it into the other Forum area, then link it to your account.

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
FinaticReef

FinaticReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Christina. I'm Lisa. Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? HOLY COW - everyone is going to want to watch your thread! I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). You can start with everything above, just copy and paste it into the other Forum area, then link it to your account.

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Lisa,

The build thread is a great idea! Thank you so much for the references too! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.8%
Back