Hello & Thanks

Fish_Fry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I’m Tom.

I’ve had aquariums for 23 of the last 26 years. All of them until now have been under 30 gallons. I setup my first reef tank in ’97 and I’ve been away from the salt side since the early ‘00s. My first skimmer was a Skilter 400 which did nothing. I also had a Reef Devil skimmer that a friend gifted me that I couldn’t use because the pump would boil the water. Between my pumps and cooling fans my tank sounded like a jet engine.

I’m finally getting back into the salt side. I’ve wanted to go larger, but I wasn’t going to do it until I had the room to setup a proper RODI, mixing station and a way to eliminate, or at least minimize carrying buckets. I’ve setup a RODI & mixing station in my basement and I can pump top-off or NSW water upstairs.

I’ve setup an Innovative Marine 75 Int. I’ll post the details on a build thread in the near future.

While I'm newly registered, I’ve been lurking for years. I want to say thank you to everyone. The information and collective knowledge of the members has been invaluable. I would not have been able to setup my system without the help of everyone here. Sincerely thank you to all of you.

Tom

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

I'm excited for when you put up your build thread! I also want to update my mixing station so I can pump water to the upstairs tanks. Definitely cover your setup in the thread!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back