Hello there!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been keeping a few small freshwater tanks for a few years and decided to start my adventure with reefs. My only experience is finding them fossilised, so any advice regarding still-living ones is welcome!
Welcome to Reef2Reef and best of luck with corals. There's a lot to learn. Take things slow and ask a ton of questions. I guarantee you'll get at least 1 correct answer.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been keeping a few small freshwater tanks for a few years and decided to start my adventure with reefs. My only experience is finding them fossilised, so any advice regarding still-living ones is welcome!

Welcome! Glad you joined. Every country has different import laws, and I'm unfamiliar with Poland. However, maybe I'm misunderstanding your 'fossilized' comment. If you mean they die on you, likely it is something with either lighting or water parameters and I'm sorry for your losses.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Poland:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I think a good way to start learning how to care for corals is to look for build threads on Reef2Reef for tanks similar in size to yours and then inspire you. Then read about how they maintain their tank and ask questions. Most users here are more than happy to answer questions and offer advice.

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

OP
OP
DrogaMleczna

DrogaMleczna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
However, maybe I'm misunderstanding your 'fossilized' comment. If you mean they die on you, likely it is something with either lighting or water parameters and I'm sorry for your losses.
Don't worry, I haven't set up my tank yet, I just like collecting fossils and my most prized possessions are 2 fossilised tabulata sp. corals and a yet unidentified sponge.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 30 52.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.3%
Back