Hello to All... from Luzerne Co., Pa.

Hello. My name is Mike and I'm from Luzerne Co., Pa.

I'm not new to the aquarium scene but I am new to the Saltwater aquarium scene.. Been a freshwater enthusiast for many years. Many years ago I had a 45 gal. high tank setup as freshwater for my kids when they were little... Eventually sold the setup. Went quite a few years without anything and about 3 years ago got bit by the bug again! Bought a 72 gal. bow front and had that as freshwater setup as well....
Did fairly well with it but also had the usual ups and downs. I had this tank up and running until the end of this past August!

Then my curiosity for Saltwater got the best of me! I love the reef, corals and fish.

I sold the 72 fresh with everything and bought a second hand 130 seamless bow front.
It's going to be a new passion for me.

I'm currently refinishing the cherry wood stand and canopy and will be cleaning up the tank as well very soon. Already talking and getting excellent info. from my LFS and doing much internet reading.

My goal is to create an awesome reef with fish setup!!!

Just purchased two A1 Prime lights and an ASM G3 protein skimmer. (recommendations).......... Just the start of it all.
So basically, I'll be reading and asking for much more info. Hopefully I can get it here.

Thanks in advance... MIKE aka BountyHunter
hey how are you doing im from luzurne aswell where is the lfs?
 
3.gif
Welcome to R2R!!
 
Hello. My name is Mike and I'm from Luzerne Co., Pa.

I'm not new to the aquarium scene but I am new to the Saltwater aquarium scene.. Been a freshwater enthusiast for many years. Many years ago I had a 45 gal. high tank setup as freshwater for my kids when they were little... Eventually sold the setup. Went quite a few years without anything and about 3 years ago got bit by the bug again! Bought a 72 gal. bow front and had that as freshwater setup as well....
Did fairly well with it but also had the usual ups and downs. I had this tank up and running until the end of this past August!

Then my curiosity for Saltwater got the best of me! I love the reef, corals and fish.

I sold the 72 fresh with everything and bought a second hand 130 seamless bow front.
It's going to be a new passion for me.

I'm currently refinishing the cherry wood stand and canopy and will be cleaning up the tank as well very soon. Already talking and getting excellent info. from my LFS and doing much internet reading.

My goal is to create an awesome reef with fish setup!!!

Just purchased two A1 Prime lights and an ASM G3 protein skimmer. (recommendations).......... Just the start of it all.
So basically, I'll be reading and asking for much more info. Hopefully I can get it here.

Thanks in advance... MIKE aka BountyHunter

Sounds like a good plan.

What lfs are you going to? In luzerne county there's not much to choose from.

I'm from down in white Haven. It's a small world on the interwebs.


Welcome to R2R from another Luzerne resident. I'm down in White Haven.

Nice. I'm also in white Haven, over on ramblewood Dr, off of tunnel Rd.
 
Sounds like a good plan.

What lfs are you going to? In luzerne county there's not much to choose from.

I'm from down in white Haven. It's a small world on the interwebs.




Nice. I'm also in white Haven, over on ramblewood Dr, off of tunnel Rd.

I'm on Buffalo. The only "L"FS I go to is Something Fishy. Other that that, I'll hit NYC and Philly area shops when I'm nearby.
 
A whole new world with saltwater! Glad you joined us

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new