Hello, Vermont Reefers!

Best Showpiece fish for 46 gallon bowfront (36" wide)?


  • Total voters
    13
welcome r2r.jpg
 
Hi there! Any other reefing vermonters around?
I have a 46 gallon bowfront with a 20 gallon sump that's been running for close to two years now.
I have a few fish, a 2 green btas and 4 plating montipora (3 frags and 1 colony the other pieces broke off of)
Wondering what the best places are for fish/corals around here?
Also, what is a good showpiece fish for a tank like this?
Finally, my montipora is supposed to be a red one but it is more a tan color.
I've had it for about 6 months and it's grown a pretty well, but i'm wondering if the color and growth could improve.
Best places to rent a par meter around here?
Here's a picture of my montipora:
6 months ago:
IMG_1144.JPG

Now it's less red and more brown but still quite pale.
Any thoughts?

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Vermont:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new