Hello!

BB22

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2020
Messages
7
Reaction score
14
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, new to R2R! I have a Fluval Evo 13 reef setup with live rock, live sand, and “live” water. It has been running for a little over a month with 6 Scarlet Hermits, 6 Ceriths, 6 Astreas, 4 Nassarius, and 2 clowns. Everything has been great until the last week I started getting what I believe are Diatoms growing out of control. I know this is usual when cycling a tank but using all the live rock, sand, and water I thought I would avoid this. Any thoughts? Thanks for the help!
 
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome to R2R!
 
Big welcome!! you will find this is the best place to recieve help on certain topics or issues that might come along the way! but with the issue i think right now as others said it is still new, when i start a tank i wait a few months till i introduce more livestock. patience is key with the hobby and all tanks are different! keep up with your water changes, try not to overfeed and i think things should adjust in time!
 
Welcome to the R2R community and we’re glad you joined us!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new