ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys and girls,

Wish you all a very happy new year!

Long time reader of the forum and I would like to thanks everyone here for the great forum.

I have had fresh water tanks for over 10 years but I could never own a proper Saltwater tank due to constantly moving around and not having enough space/time.

Beginning of December 2020 I took the plunge and bought a RedSea 625XXL. Thought I would register here to share my experience with all the members. Hopefully it will help someone oneday.

I will be creating a post here soon for the tank build/progress. I will post a link here once it is done. Cheers.

Nathan
Hello Nathan and welcome to the channel.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard
ZomboMeme 19102020181152.jpg

OP
OP
R

Rain 625XXL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. As promised here is a link to my build thread. I have also added to my original post here.

Cheers
Nathan

OP
OP
R

Rain 625XXL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome my dude! This is a super helpful site, gives you all the info you need from many experienced reefers.
*Also I love AUstralia, never been there but I'm hoping to go to university there when I finish highschool. Canada is too cold :) *

Do you have any fish in the tank yet? Or have an idea of what you want?
Hey mate,

Glad to here you love Australia. This is great place. Not too sure if you would like our 50c (122 F) summer days but that's what aircons are there for right? Lol

I have very good friend school friend of mine who recently moved to Canada. He did complaint a little bit about the cold weather..lol Hopefully I can visit Canada oneday after all this travel restrictions are lifted. I have seen beautiful pics and videos of Canada online.

Only have 7 Cromis at the moment. Gonna give them a couple weeks and keep monitoring the water and see if anything changes. If all is good, I will keep on adding more fish every two weeks or so. Don't wanna take a risk and add too many at once and go through an ammonia spike. Plan is to have a mixed reef with a wide variety of fish. Cheers

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey mate,

Glad to here you love Australia. This is great place. Not too sure if you would like our 50c (122 F) summer days but that's what aircons are there for right? Lol

I have very good friend school friend of mine who recently moved to Canada. He did complaint a little bit about the cold weather..lol Hopefully I can visit Canada oneday after all this travel restrictions are lifted. I have seen beautiful pics and videos of Canada online.

Only have 7 Cromis at the moment. Gonna give them a couple weeks and keep monitoring the water and see if anything changes. If all is good, I will keep on adding more fish every two weeks or so. Don't wanna take a risk and add too many at once and go through an ammonia spike. Plan is to have a mixed reef with a wide variety of fish. Cheers
Nice fish selection! Also, yes Canada is cold in the winter lol. I would suggest visiting the East coast, like Nova Scotia, its got a really cool old timey sailor and ocean feel to it, and the mountains in British Columbia are absolutely breathtaking! saw them for the first time a few months ago on a trip, WOW!

Also, do you know what fish you would like to add in the future?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Congrats on the new tank!

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!!!

Many years ago I had to pass on the chance to visit Australia as part of an international competition. Would love to scratch that one off my bucket list some day. Maybe pick me up one of the tall tank versions of the CADE systems and smuggle it back on an airplane with me. :rolleyes:

Sounds like you are on the right track to success. Looking forward to following along on your journey, and I will help you if I can.

OP
OP
R

Rain 625XXL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice fish selection! Also, yes Canada is cold in the winter lol. I would suggest visiting the East coast, like Nova Scotia, its got a really cool old timey sailor and ocean feel to it, and the mountains in British Columbia are absolutely breathtaking! saw them for the first time a few months ago on a trip, WOW!

Also, do you know what fish you would like to add in the future?
It will be a heavily stocked tank once the cycling stage is done. I really want to have all sorts of fish and coral in there. Will be getting some clown fish next but I need to wait a couple more weeks and see if everything is the way they should. This slow progress really kills me. I am not a very patient person..lol

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the wonderful folks, information and help..

Patience, it is the big word around here, Reefing is patience to cycle, to watch things grow, to keep your tank balanced.
I recommend to everyone joining to create a tank build thread.
1. You get to see where you have started and how much you have grown in this hobby.
2. We love pictures and to see what your doing with your tank.
3. It’s a great learning tool for all of us to see what works and doesn’t . We learn great stuff from each other.
Lastly the only bad question here is the one not asked...

giphy.gif

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back