Help! Aggressive fish and small clownfish

what_isTHIS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a clownfish with a rainbow bta. Just put them both from a breeder box into the main tank. Anemone is really small around 2 inches when fully extended, clownfish is like 1 inch. Of course the clown hosted the bta just today but I have a super aggressive striped damsel. He is about 3 inches and all my other damsels don't care about the clownfish but he does. I just remembered the rbta closes at night meaning the clownfish has no protection tonight. What do I do? And every time the clownfish tries to adventure out, he gets attacked.

Last edited:

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a clownfish with a rainbow bta. Just put them both from a breeder box into the main tank. Anemone is really small around 2 inches when fully extended, clownfish is like 1 inch. Of course the clown hosted the bta just today but I have a super aggressive striped damsel. He is about 3 inches and all my other damsels don't care about the clownfish but he does. I just remembered the rbta closes at night meaning the clownfish has no protection tonight. What do I do? And every time the clownfish tries to adventure out, he gets attacked.
Catch the damsel is really the only option if he wont leave the clown alone

The Ginga Ninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Get another clownfish! The Damsel will be less likely to go after him if he's paired off :) usually settles things

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back