Help!! Aptasia or something else??…

FOliveira

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2024
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Location
Portugal, Europe
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
Recently started my first saltwater tank, and having difficulty identifying what pest this is. I assumed aptasia but looks different from the aptasia pictures I see online, it’s thinner and has small balls/heads at the end of each little thread… I introduced some Berghia nudibranches yesterday, thinking it was aptasia, and they do not look very interested so far.
Can you please help me identify what this is, and how to remove it?
Thank you so much!

IMG_4365.jpeg
 
Piggybacking on this for help ID’ing … looks very similar to what I have.

IMG_6143.jpeg
 
I had this a while ago on my zoas too. I dipped for the max amount of time with Reef Dip and it went away in a couple days
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new