HELP: arrived injured sea cucumber - what do i do now?

MarsRover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, i received a sea cucumber from liveaquaria today in the mail and it unfortunately is severely damage. I don't know what to do. It might still be alive, but i'm not about to put it into my new tank since i know these guys can nuke tanks when injured/dieing.

I'm going to setup a QT tank for her alone. but what else can i do to help it heal?
There is also something else that was in the bag with it that looks like a creature its own but....i don't know.... photos below:

IMG_3861.JPG

IMG_3862.JPG

IMG_3863.JPG

IMG_3864.JPG

IMG_3865.JPG

IMG_3866.JPG

IMG_3867.JPG

IMG_3868.JPG

IMG_3869.JPG

IMG_3870.JPG

IMG_3871.JPG

IMG_3872.JPG

IMG_3873.JPG

IMG_3874.JPG

you can see the other "creature" in the top right of the last photo

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks dead to me....the other things are what it expelled when it died most likely....but that's just my guess with my experience with cucumbers. Call LA and put them on notice that it was doa

OP
OP
MarsRover

MarsRover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks dead to me....the other things are what it expelled when it died most likely....but that's just my guess with my experience with cucumbers. Call LA and put them on notice that it was doa

So it is still alive. It moves on its own. I'm afraid that the other thing is it's gut as I hear they ditch their gut if they are stressed and it's common and usually inevitably fatal but not always.

It really looks gnarled on its tail like something ate it. I can't imagine it happened in shipping.

I had already called LA and they gave me a refund. I just don't want to be the one to kill this thing so I'm going to try and give him a chance to heal in its own hospital tank.

Wish ,e luck and let me know if there is anything I can dose the tank with to help heal the wound or prevent infection etc.... Im just nervous because I don't know what fish and coral stuff is/is not okay for cucumbers....

OP
OP
MarsRover

MarsRover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks folks for trying. It's really looking worse today. If he doesn't move by tomorrow, he may have passed already.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back