Help attaching new gorgonian

coralreefer123

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2021
Messages
142
Reaction score
40
Location
NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just received a whole tan rod/rusty gorgonian. The base of it is large and I am unsure if I should glue the entire base, as is, to a small piece of live rock or do I need to cut the large base off and glue it to the live rock? The pictures attached are obviously not the one I got, nor the same species, (one is even dead) but they are good images of what the base of mine looks like.

gorg2.jpg Yello Gorg_thumbnail.jpg
 
Thank you so much! Also, do you have an estimated guess of how long it will take to see the polyps? Will they come out before it actually settles on the new rock?
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new