OP
OP
B

big man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running a copper treatment without a good copper test kit (not the API kit) is very tricky. You need to dose based on the tank's actual volume, subtracting tank decoration displacement, etc. Also, if there is any calcium based sand or rock in the tank, that will absorb copper at an unknown rate, and you will need a copper test kit in order to calculate the redosing of the tank to balance that out.

In a pinch, you can do water changes on the treatment tank, dosing the exact amount of copper needed for the volume of water that you just changed.

The fish should be in the coppersafe treatment for one month.

Jay
I got the tester and my copper reading are at 2 is that good for treating ich and in one month my tank should be ich free and I could add fish right?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the tester and my copper reading are at 2 is that good for treating ich and in one month my tank should be ich free and I could add fish right?
Coppersafe is 2.5 ppm at a full dose, so you are a little below that. I can’t tell you if 2.0 will work as well.
30 days is a full copper treatment, however you need to go at least 14 days from the date you last saw spots on the fish.
Jay

Back