Help! Brown Jelly!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Risk1994
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Risk1994

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 14, 2017
Messages
278
Reaction score
158
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've grown these torches/Frogspawn over the years from single heads. Now they're almost basketball sized.

I noticed a couple days ago they didnt look great but nothing major. Today I noticed this...

It ONLY seems to affect frogspawn/torch. (although a small goniopora seems to by dying slowly, not sure if its related.)

I have never even seen brown jelly before but this has got to be it. Huge specimens dropping FAST. Is there any emergency procedures? I'm freaking out!

I've added NOTHING to this tank in months. Havent changed anything except stopping the feeding of TDO pellets. My phosphate was around .3 for a long time. Stopping this has brought it down to .18 over about a month. Aside from that everything has been REALLY stable.

Temp:79
PH: 8.22
Alk: 8.5
No3: 10.2
PO4: .18

20240909_165833.jpg 20240909_165743.jpg 20240909_165809.jpg 20240909_165803.jpg 20240909_165800.jpg 20240909_165754.jpg

If this Goni gets hurt I'm going to cry....
20240909_165819.jpg
 
have you done an ICP recently? could be a magnet or some containment?

personally haven't dealt with BJD, best of luck!
 
Thanks to Bob from Exotic Fish and Coral who helped me out with a diagnosis & solution.

Noticed my two Gyre pumps were totally gummed up and not pushing any water. Only had the MP40 for flow! It decreased slowly over time and didnt realize it. Boiled the frog.

I cut out all the suspect heads (a lot) dipped them in CoralRX and placed them in a higher flow of the tank and currently running the gyres in vinegar overnight.

Thanks to Bob from Exotic Fish and Coral who helped me out with a diagnosis & solution.

Ill report back on how it goes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new