Help choose the last fish in my IM 25 lagoon.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a boisterous but peaceful hawkfish named Ethan, a chalkbass that chalkbasses (which is to say swims aimlessly), and a reclusive purple firefish that mostly says in his cave on one side of the tank.

I have a McCoskers wrasse on the way. There is also, currently a fire shrimp, and a pistol shrimp of some sort (can't remember and never see him) that has yet to take to two different gobies.

I feel like I have room for one more fish.

Blenny

Vs

Shrimp goby

Help narrow this down or say, "Stop where you are. 4 is enough." I would also be open to, "You have lots more space. Why not both?"

The 25 gallon tank in question. Pistol has claimed half of the tank, right in the middle. Firefish lives on the far right in a fair sized cave.
PXL_20230903_032654173~2.jpg

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've kept an algae Blenny gets to big, I've kept a tail spot Blenny hides a lot, just got a bi color Blenny just right. He has color, is brave, eats algae doesn't bother anyone in the tank. I've never kept a shrimp goby. The idea of a fish shrimp partnership sounds fun. I would go with both!

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've kept an algae Blenny gets to big, I've kept a tail spot Blenny hides a lot, just got a bi color Blenny just right. He has color, is brave, eats algae doesn't bother anyone in the tank. I've never kept a shrimp goby. The idea of a fish shrimp partnership sounds fun. I would go with both!
A tailspot blenny won’t add to much bioload, and perhaps a yasha goby to pair up with your pistol :)
That's why I love this place.
Both Is Good The Road To El Dorado GIF

I am not displeased that "Why not both?" is winning.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back