Help choosing a new fish.

A Beard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Reefer 250 mixed reef tank that has been up for about a year. My current stock is below and I am looking for help on what new fish to add. Angels and Anthias are out. I feed once a day. Don't really have much of an algae problem so don't necessarily need another grazer. My Nitrates 5 ppm and Phosphates are 0.01 ppm. Price really isn't an issue. Thanks for the suggestions.

Royal Gramma x1
Lawnmower Blemmy x1
Kole Tank x1
Clarkii Clown x1
Bengi Cardinal x1
Six Line Wrasse x1
Azure Damsel x1
Blue/Green Chromis x1

CUC
Cleaner Shrimp x1
Urchins x 2
Tiger Conch x2
Various Snails
Red Led Hermit Crabs

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firefish will add a different splash of color but the sixline may torment it (and any other smaller peaceful fish for that matter). A pistol shrimp/goby pair are one of my favorites but some dont care for the digging they do (huge plus in my mind but the water will be cloudy for a bit). Diamond gobies look pretty cool and are beneficial for turning over the sand bed (will also kick up a bunch of gunk that will cloud the water for a bit until they've gone through everything). Chalk bass are pretty cool but you already have some blues in there. Flasher and/or fairy wrasse are awesome but you have the sixline (I'd trap it and dump it personally...).

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could go small dwarf angel in a 250...add a splash of color. Not sure on your coral compatibility but being last will tame some of the aggression. Full disclosure..really wanted one, but my 170 is just a tad small. I was think pygmy angel myself.

OP
OP
A

A Beard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I looking at firefish but I don't know how they would do since they are not the first in. My wrasse is fairly calm. The Clarkii is the terror in the tank. Just recently put him in an acclamation box for a week to try and calm him down. I had a Coral Beauty, but he had to go due to nearly destroying one of my acans.

Back