HELP CLOWNFISH LAYING DOWN ON THE BOTTOM

Remos reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plz help he is from petco and he has been acting like this since I got him. What is it?

20211025_171353.jpg

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor thing. Tell us more. Are there any discolorations on his scales or around his gills? Is he breathing rapidly or not much at all? How was he acclimated? Was he treated with anything? How old is the current tank? Any tank mates?

OP
OP
Remos reefs

Remos reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor thing. Tell us more. Are there any discolorations on his scales or around his gills? Is he breathing rapidly or not much at all? How was he acclimated? Was he treated with anything? How old is the current tank? Any tank mates?
My grandma brought him home and gave him to me for my 10 gallon . He only has 1 tank mate, a tiny lepord puffer who has not shown any aggression. He was drip acclimated and everything seems normal its just the laying down

OP
OP
Remos reefs

Remos reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My grandma brought him home and gave him to me for my 10 gallon . He only has 1 tank mate, a tiny lepord puffer who has not shown any aggression. He was drip acclimated and everything seems normal its just the laying down
The tank is about 2 months old cycled with quick start

youcallmenny1

The Lobster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say drip acclimated, did you do this in the bag he was in from the store??? Opening a fish bag exposes the waste in the water to the air which in turn creates ammonia.

OP
OP
Remos reefs

Remos reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say drip acclimated, did you do this in the bag he was in from the store??? Opening a fish bag exposes the waste in the water to the air which in turn creates ammonia.
I dumped the petco water into a pitcher and acclimated him with the water from my tank

Grumblez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's really not a problem in fish you picked up from the store, that's only if fish have been shipped or otherwise in bags for very long periods of time. Also the air doesn't really create ammonia, the build up of CO2 in the bag/tank water lowers the PH off the water which lowers the free ammonia.

OP
OP
Remos reefs

Remos reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok now I'm super confused I went in the tank to move somethings around and he perked up and now is swimming fine I'm super confused

Grumblez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can it be cured?

OP
OP
Remos reefs

Remos reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I did a bit of research and did a freshwater dip (4 mins) and white little dots came out of his body and then I put him back and he is swimming ok and just seems a little tired so I'm going to give him some time to rest. Did I make the right or wrong choice?

ariellemermaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I did a bit of research and did a freshwater dip (4 mins) and white little dots came out of his body and then I put him back and he is swimming ok and just seems a little tired so I'm going to give him some time to rest. Did I make the right or wrong choice?
Wait white dots only appeared after the dip, or you saw them before as well? I didn’t see you mention white dots before. If they only showed up after the dip you’re probably looking at flukes. Flukes are invisible until exposed to freshwater. Ich should be visible in saltwater as well.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing is normal when they’re laying on the bottom .

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back