Help connecting to app please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

robs.mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have had a P4 for about a year now, and while I can connect via USB, I have never had success with the App. I’m certain, I’m doing something wrong, but really would appreciate some help getting this connected. I was able to connect via the GHLDEV hotspot, but I want to add the P4 to my home network - this is where I’m struggling.

Heres what I’ve done so far:

1. I have my device showing in the app, and (was) able to connect via the GHLDEV wifi.

2. In the app, I went to ‘Network’, checked ‘Client’ and added the details of my network (I obtained these details by looking at my wifi network on my iPad - is this correct?).

3. I checked ‘Access Point’ but did not make any further changes under this setting (as the instruction I was reading didn’t mention it, but the image showed it checked blue).

4. I saved them settings, was prompted a warning by the app that changes to the network.... I selected yes.

5. I restarted the app (it crashed), and went into the settings of my device on the first page of the connect app (before connecting), and I changed the IP address to my network in there to.

The connection continues to fail...

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at the pinned section at top of the controller forum. I pinned a ton of videos, hopefully you will find your solution there. If not then @Vinny@GHLUSA, @Ditto, or myself can help you.

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at the pinned section at top of the controller forum. I pinned a ton of videos, hopefully you will find your solution there. If not then @Vinny@GHLUSA, @Ditto, or myself can help you.
Vinny has been a God Send, for me! He's got me on the cloud, which could be part of the issue...and set my lights for me! all through a phone call, and him in my computer. He's fast and so so patient!

OP
OP
robs.mark

robs.mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Have managed to get connected to the iPhone app, but it only works when the phone is connected to my home network, as soon as I try on the cell network is fails to connect.

You will have to set it up as a myGHL-device to be able to connect when you are not on your network.

OP
OP
robs.mark

robs.mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back