Help, corals closing up

I always get my water from the same fish store and they always double check it's at 1.025 before I leave and I top off with fresh water. So I doubt my refractometer is that much off or my salinity is that off. But how can I calibrate my refractometer at home if I don't have RO water on hand? Can I use distilled?
I'd suggest using this https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/aqua-craft-refractometer-calibration-fluid.html
You'll want to calibrate as close to the level you're shooting for as possible to reduce the affect if any calibration discrepancies on your end results.

I usually just use purified water with prime. Is that bad?
If it's truly purified, then Prime isn't needed. I would have to suggest the same as @saltyfilmfolks and go for the RODI.

Also (just double checking), your alkalinity is 2.96 meq/l?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new