Help deciding on tank dimensions

John R

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to build an acrylic tank depending on the size of the tank stand that I could get "easily". I managed to get a sturdy cabinet that my wife finds acceptable for the lounge aesthetic.....

The area of the tank is therefore a max of 700 mm x 400 mm. I'm not sure on what height to make it since this decision is based on what can give me maximum volume whilst being practical for Acrylic strength. I can get pretty much any thickness of acrylic.

I'm not too worried about the way bracing looks so I'm happy to use it.

Anyone have some ideas!?

Thanks!

Reesj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a very thich acralic complete SUNSUN system with sump. For the bracing they seems to have made to braces on top of the tank out of sight from view. If you want some help I can upload a picture for you.

For the dimentions you have for a nicer looking tank I would go with about 20 inches of hight. That is about 500mm. This shoould give you a decent tank size without havign to go crazy on light costs(Sepcially if not a custom built one).

Up to you though what you think looks nice...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back