Help! Dinos :(

PokeFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I recently purchased a gorgonian from my lfs. I've dipped it and then added it to the tank. Couple days later, its doing good, but I see some small strands of dinos on it. Anyway I can get rid of them fast? They are still isolated on that one coral for now. I've been siphoning them out but they keep coming back. I also tried dipping that one coral again but it did not work

OP
OP
PokeFish

PokeFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

ABQjoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You had dinos before you saw those; it'd be impossible not to. Infestations are a result of imbalances that you don't have, that's why you aren't infested, not because you didn't have them before.

OP
OP
PokeFish

PokeFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You had dinos before you saw those; it'd be impossible not to. Infestations are a result of imbalances that you don't have, that's why you aren't infested, not because you didn't have them before.
oh thanks. I’ll try looking around for then

OP
OP
PokeFish

PokeFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t seem to find any. Do they just like hanging out on gorgonians? They don’t seem to be anywhere else

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a microscopic coating when not in bloom. I agree that we all have one form of dinos or another lurking in our tanks but that doesn't mean you didn't bring a different strain in with that coral. I'd still try the blackout.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back