Help figuring ouy this mystery coral?

Rijodan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2020
Messages
234
Reaction score
187
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this a month ago from the lfs and other than it be a "supernatural" encrusting coral i didn't get any other information about it. Probably should have asked more questions but I was excited as always at the coral store.

Mainly I want to know the type so I know how to care for it best. It does seem to be more of small polyps that open like flowers then having the tentacles like favias and acans.

Tank light is mostly blue white and taken with a macro lens with a 20k filter and color adjusted on phone to 6500k and increased temperature.

20200512_173138.jpg
 
Wouldn't be a favia, if anything it would be a favites, but the polyps on yours are way too small to be a favites

I believe what you have there is actually Leptastera.
 
Wouldn't be a favia, if anything it would be a favites, but the polyps on yours are way too small to be a favites

I believe what you have there is actually Leptastera.
Awesome man. Quick google search shows many that look just like it in different colors
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new