Help for choosing equipment

roberts_PT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For many years I was a fan of freshwater and aquascaping however I will start a new project in this new world. I'm going to buy a marine waterbox x 90.3 and I would like quality/price suggestions for skimmer, lighting and pump. I want them to be equipment that gives me some margin, I don't want to have to upgrade later.

Best regards, Roberto from Portugal

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would skip the skimmer. For lighting and pumps my priority would be redundancy and ease of replacement when one fails. Since there can be a wide range of requirements between corals regarding intensity and flow I would research the corals you plane on keeping and use that information to decide on equipment.

OP
OP
roberts_PT

roberts_PT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your help and wisdom. I wanted some lps like Euphyllia, Trachyphyllia. I would also like to have an anemone. Zoanthus is also on the list. Sps maybe acropora.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get the roller Mat first and see if you need a skimmer, if you get a skimmer with he roller mat undersize the skimmer.

misturrtinnie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I would get the roller Mat first and see if you need a skimmer, if you get a skimmer with he roller mat undersize the skimmer.

This is the way, could always add a skimmer later if nutrients is an issue. As for lights, Radions are still one of the best par per dollar you can get with great adjustability. And for return pump I would recommend a DC controllable pump so you can fine tune the perfect flow rate. The adjustable return pump can allow you to add a manifold in the future for reactors without having extra pumps in your sump. I'm waiting for my current pump to die so I can upgrade to a DC return pump myself.

Nlara

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For pumps I like Sicce, awesome warranty. Make sure it’s controllable to adjust flow. Radion is my choice for lighting. I have had mine for 4 ish years. Not one problem. Eco tech if you need wave maker. Skimmers, I like the custome Venturi. Nothing fails, you choose the pump to hook up.

OP
OP
roberts_PT

roberts_PT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a 90cm length aquarium with sps, one radion XR15 G6 pro be enough or hydra 32hd?

Last edited:
Back