Help! Haddoni problem

carpetlover

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2021
Messages
137
Reaction score
69
Location
singapore
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My haddoni has gotten really big all of a sudden, and started expelling being stuff from its mouth, and now the water is all cloudy. What can I do to help it and save everything in the tank?

CD9D156B-B235-4013-88C9-AF25F163C867.jpeg
 
Your Haddoni spawned. What you need is to do a large amount of water change to remove the nutrients that introduced to your tank.
When I see my anemone spawn, I have many large anemones in my tank, I always try, if I can, to suck the water at the mouth of the anemone as (s)he spawned and remove the eggs and sperms as it come out. Doing this I can get rid of the nutrients without s doing as large water change once the spawn is over.
Depends on how small your tank water volume is, you may need to do a 75%+ of the water to remove the nutrients.
If you feed your anemone well, they have huge body mass invested in sperms and eggs. From what you wrote, you likely have a male. Sperms are like smoke coming our while eggs are larger, you can see individual eggs.
 
Set your skimmer very wet. Manage it and pull it out. Not enough advocate a skimmer to do its work, but it needs management at a time of need. Cup may need to be emptied every 30 min the first few hours. Use your skimmer, if you have a good one.

I’ve had my nems spawn, skimmer overflows all the funk into the tank. Set it to wet, pull most out in a few hours, and slowly adjust to drier. Works like a charm. My skimmers have always been oversized though. When I use the skimmer, and give it a day or two to setttle, a small water change sets things right.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new