help heater malfunction

  • Thread starter Thread starter ffmedic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ffmedic

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Location
Coverdale, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got some nice live rock with great life some mushrooms and couple polyps anyway heat got the water way too hot I'd say 90-100 degrees what damage did that heater cause?
 
That's a good question and one that you'll have to answer. Do you have a thermometer? How long was it that hot? If it's 100 degrees most likely it has killed everything.
 
You'll also want to do regular ammonia checks and be ready for large water changes. In case of mass die off. All the worms, micro fauna, so on.
 
Right luckily there's nothing in the tank it was just on a cycling cycle so I'd I have to start over I'm not invested in a stocked tank I'll do a water check in the morning
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new