Help hooking up RODI !!

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering how to hookup an RODI in the basement . I don't have. Any utility sink or anything in the basement and I'm wondering how to go about hooking the system off and how to tap into my water ! If anyone has any advice or maybe any photos of there setups! Any help appreciated !
Why in the basement. Is your tank there or mixing stations?

I did not do this and futhermore, with the PFAS and glyphosate contamination world-wide, one might wish to use the RO water for cooking and what not. I recommend installing the RODI system upstairs and branching off your sink or fridge/freezer lines for water, taking the RO out with a split to one of your main sinks and using the RODI to your fill and mixing station. You can then use the drain that is present there. I have both a RS Max Nano and a RS Reefer 250. I mix them in a 10g Trigger ATO and automatically send the water where I want it to go with an Apex 1Link, FMM and two DOS pumps. I also have a PMUP pump and solenoid connected for quick fill and flush to send to 5g storage containers where I have some reserves if needed.

There is a more cost efficient means to just use a 1Link cable from an Apex EB832 power bar to the DOS and then use only the FMM but I would lose the PMUP and that makes a big difference for ensuring salinity does not rise as I use the same ATO for fill and mix.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back