Help! How do I get rid of zoa eating nudis?

Driftwood

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have researched all over the web there are several ways of getting rid of them. One I have heard of is Flat Worm Exit. I live in Maine and I can't find any at any of my LFS. I have heard of getting a sea grass wrasse but I don't really want any fish in Zoa tank. Are there any other methods that have been used and worked? I have only found one but I don't want to loose my Zoa's at all. Any help is very much appericated. Thanks for your time guys!

Rose

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tropic marine procoral cure worked well for me back when i had them a few years ago. You can do a stronger dip to where the water looks kinda like iced tea. You can also dip the zoos for a lot longer than other corals, 30min- 1hr. That will make the adults come off and if you redip them for 3-4 weeks that should take care of any babies.
When you're finished dipping them, shake the zoos off really well in a different bucket of saltwater before putting them back in your tank.

Zoo nudis are a pain, but not nearly as fun as monti nudis. sigh.....

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some wrasses eat nudi as well (green coris, yellow coris are the best ime). Thats the only reason i have yellow coris wrasse in all of my tanks. For me they are proven nudi eaters. Lugol's (iodine) will kill nudi but not the eggs if there are any. You can take out the zoas and put them in a cereal bowl, fill it with tank water, add 2 drops of lugols and let sit for 10 minutes. You should do this with every new frag of palys/zoas. Dependant on how much water the LFS gives me i usually just add 2 drops right to thier bag and leave them in there while they temp acclimate in my tank.

Just curious what type of nudi you have. is it a little white slug looking guy with two little yellow antennaes?

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Driftwood

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dip all my zoas in a freshwater and Lugol's before ever putting them in my tanks. I dip them for at least 15 mins sometimes longer. I guess there must have been some eggs or something that I missed. Thanks for all the advice I have been given so far it's very much appreciated. I haven't seen annother one yet. I didn't want to put a fish in my zoanthid tank but I may go buy one that will eat them. I was told by someone that his Mandarins eat them. I don't want a wrasse.

Rose

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back