Help, how would you remove zoas/plays from clam shell?

goosemans

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2023
Messages
455
Reaction score
462
Location
Montgomery, AL
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a little bit of a unique situation here. I got zoanthids/plays growing on my crocea clam shell. It’s getting to a point where they’re starting to cover the mantle. My current remedy is irritating the zoas so they close for a period of time, but I can only do that so often. I can’t use kalk paste for obvious reasons. I’ve tried using tongs to gently pull them off but they ain’t budging. If you got any ideas on how you would tackle this situation, please let me know. I’ve had this crocea since he was half an inch and he’s almost three inches now.
IMG_4148.jpeg


Also want to mention I did not place the clam there, dopey thought it was a good idea to anchor right next to a colony of zoanthids.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new