Help I.D. this Hitchhiker!

AuggieReefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 3, 2020
Messages
10
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I was walking past my tank earlier as the lights were fading out and noticed this little guy on the sand. Never seen him before. I stopped to investigate and noticed hundreds of them in the rock crevices, hiding. They kind if maybe look like amphipods or some other micro-crustacean but I didn’t add them to the tank. I’ve only ever added copepods and these sure don’t look like those.

Guessing they came from a hammer or torch I recently added but if so they sure seem to have multiplied quickly.

I know that the photos I’ve attached are horrible, but they ran into the crevices of the rocks and hid when I tried to turn the lights up to get a better photo. There seem to be hundreds of them and they are very fast little things. Disappear as quickly as you spot them.

Hoping that somebody can help me I.D.these.

F73C38D4-59EE-4C37-A747-51F559DFA2E4.jpeg AB86D973-3629-4B15-A7F3-6B00601F1B1A.jpeg
 
Big copeod
Free food
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new