HELP! I leveled my new 210 gallon tank, and now that its filled its not level

reefin_with_the_fam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently got the Red Sea S-1000, leveled it with a 73" level all around, and now I have it filled and see thats its slightly off on one side. Im not sure what to do because the adjustable feet are below the sump. and I am not sure I will even be able to adjust them if i drain the sump to access the feet. any advice is appreciated!

IMG-2378.jpg

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t worry about it too much-it looks pretty level to me. Is your structure underneath what you’re worried about?

jesse88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently got the Red Sea S-1000, leveled it with a 73" level all around, and now I have it filled and see thats its slightly off on one side. Im not sure what to do because the adjustable feet are below the sump. and I am not sure I will even be able to adjust them if i drain the sump to access the feet. any advice is appreciated!

IMG-2378.jpg
I wouldn’t worry about that to much

OP
OP
reefin_with_the_fam

reefin_with_the_fam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are your rocks heavier on one side than the other? Or is there only water in the tank so far?
Yes, the rock structure on the one side is heavier. didnt think it would make that much of a difference but i supposed an extra 70#+ on one side would probably do that lol

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While the level is not off by much is that off level reading he same on both the front and back of the tank? The primary concern would be if there is a twisting action on the tank. If it has a twist it will be putting a lot of extra stress on the tank seems. I know it might not be what you want to hear but releveling might be the best option. If you can't reach the leveling feet adjustment then composite shims can be used under that leveling foot.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why we level tanks/stands in a few steps.

1) level empty 2) add 6-8" of water and adjust accordingly 3) fill er up, and adjust again.

If your adjustable feet are now hidden by the floor of your stand, you may need to drill an access hole in the floor of the stand to adjust the levelers.

Unfortunately, you'll need to remove a Lot of weight/water to make the adjustments.

OP
OP
reefin_with_the_fam

reefin_with_the_fam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While the level is not off by much is that off level reading he same on both the front and back of the tank? The primary concern would be if there is a twisting action on the tank. If it has a twist it will be putting a lot of extra stress on the tank seems. I know it might not be what you want to hear but releveling might be the best option. If you can't reach the leveling feet adjustment then composite shims can be used under that leveling foot.
Just checked the back and thankfully its the same (i think i should be thankful lol). i double checked the sides and theyre both perfectly level, its just off on both the front and back by that amount

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back